Saturday, December 17, 2016

My Heart's Quest - Beverly Koepplin

In the light places and in the dark places
my heart searches for a kindred soul.
In the quiet times and in times of revelry
my heart seeks a path through time
looking for one of its own kind.

In between the night clouds and the sun’s rays
my heart looks for direction.
Over the ocean’s waves and the prairies’ dirts
my heart wanders in widening circles
looking for one of its own kind.

Through the valleys and over the hills
my heart rises and falls and goes on.
At dusk’s lowering and at morning’s new light
my heart keeps true to its course
looking for one of its own kind.

I can only hope that one day soon
my heart will find its way home,
for that day will bring me joy yet untold
in the greatest poems of  all times,
the day my heart finds one of its own kind.
                         ***

No comments:

Post a Comment