Monday, September 21, 2015

Whimsy for Cream


I sang “He’s leaving on that midnight train to Georgia”
No, I BELTED out “Said he’s going back to a simpler place in time”
So perfectly my soul soared with the music to the heavens
And crashed through the sound  barrier in my little house.
And Cream, curled in sleep, twitched her ears
And her paws ran through the air with the greatest of ease,
Perhaps to catch a flying trapeze?
Perhaps clapping for an encore, to shout brava to me,
Surely surprised there was such an extraordinarily gifted singer in the house?
Perhaps to make a flying leap for those wooden steps to board
That midnight train to Georgia before it pulled out and left her behind
With this crazy lady who did not know that she was supposed to

Quietly go about her business and let the cat sleep in peace and quiet?
                                               ***

No comments:

Post a Comment