Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Door to Escape
by Dave Lewis


I awake to my first lucid thought
I feel weak and helpless and confused
I am imprisoned in a cell, my motion and vision curtailed
At a later time - all uncounted-
I notice my cell has rotated, darkness briefly ebbs
I am suspended in liquid, always warm
My nourishment arrives intravenously  and I grow
My cell has not grown and  it begins to bind my body
If there is a secret door – I can not find it
My limbs are cramped and insufficient
I crave to flex my limbs, to breath deeply

I attack my cell with my neck and head - 
The cell wall is thin and brittle yet strong
I break a hole
A gas that gives me strength enters through the hole
Also light brighter than I have ever seen
I must pause often to rest as I demolish the cell
When finally free, I am exhausted
I make little noises and hear little noises
I breathe deeply and am covered by a warm soft blanket

I rest intensely  after my escape and question the future
I soon discover that I am an eagle, just hatched

I will soon be free in all dimensions

                          ***

No comments:

Post a Comment