Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Besame - Michael James

We touched; it was not meant.
But bodies know no accident 
In which the touch leaves burns upon the skin
And heart unwinds itself in fearful din.
Was what she sensed just like an urge 
From earth’s force field in one fine surge
That flowed from me to her,
From her to me, 
Like magnets drawn together?

And when we did touch tenderly,
All of earth’s passionate embrace of life and love
Flowed through us: we glowed, we sparked, we blew the fuse
Of circuits slotted into slumbering systems.
The world, our world then, was new, was vibrant with meaningful accord;
Then we could count and what we found was one.

Lying near you let me touch your resting body,
The you, once filled with flame-lashed cells and psyche one with me,
Gone to haven safe from folded flesh and sagging knee.
Where are you now? How do I touch you when pain keeps you far
And my hand hesitates to reach out where once it held most dear
All it could grasp between its anxious fingers?
Where are we, now, I cry, the ones who still remember?

Love to answer softly soon replies:
“You are one. To reach her, feel inside. 
Feel into your heart; there she lies awaiting your caress.

No comments:

Post a Comment