Monday, October 3, 2016

The Moon and I - Noris Binet

The moon woke me one morning,
she was outside my window
waiting for me to come out
and play with her!

I didn’t know her desires
until I reached the ocean
and there she was, waning down
behind a cloud
waiting to surprise me
but I laughed because I saw her
slowly being covered by a white cloud
on the vast, dark-blue sky.

The sun wasn’t up yet
but because his light shone on her
we could see each other
and then we played
collecting small shells on the beach,
running from the waves,
sinking our feet in the grainy sand.

Suddenly I forgot myself
who I was or how old;
I became the ageless moon
and regained my innocence!

The waves, the ocean, the vast sky
the moon and I…
couldn’t tell who was who
and what was what,
there was only us!

Then the sun arose
and illuminated all of us
and the sky.

                                 ***

No comments:

Post a Comment