Sunday, May 29, 2016

Intelligent Life Out There -Robyn Makaruk


In reflecting on a thought that was stored in my mind’s attic
gathering dust, but not forgotten,
it kept poking at the regions of my hippocampus
nudging for an answer.
Then one day, I came upon a man
Purported to be wise and have answers to questions, like
‘What is Out there?’
He was an astronomer and an astronaut,
one who searched the skies with powerful optics,
and who had traveled through space and time.

I posed my question thus:
“Do you think it possible that there is intelligent life
in the Universe”, thinking
he’d be very clued in and able to resolve my conundrum.

He took moments before he spoke:
“Yes, I do believe there is intelligent life Out There,
And the fact that it is not known here on Earth
Proves that it has made a wise choice”

It left me to ponder for quite a while,
Before I looked up to the skies and spoke boldly,
“Please take me with you”  

                         ***

No comments:

Post a Comment