Saturday, July 11, 2015

          LOST WALKER SAGA
                                 by Joan Shepherd
                                      June 2015


               Somebody stole my red walker
I think that was very mean
Some of the theft was my fault
A garage sale was the scene

It was in a nice area
Big houses and a garage for three
The sellers young and moving to France!
I bought a few things for me

Off to the car I went by myself
My friend entranced by the array
Left the walker by the back of the car
to fold up and put away

It seemed too long just looking about
When my friend returned empty handed
Started the car and drove away
Looking at flowers that were planted

At the corner a stop sign made us stop
When out of the blue he shouts,
"Where  is your walker, it's not in the back?"
and he turns the  car about.

Alas and alack, just our luck
No walker was where it was left !
In minutes it had disappeared
I was a victim of a theft.

Somebody stole my walker
I think it shows no class
I'll have to buy another one
To stop falling on my ass.
            ***

No comments:

Post a Comment